The recruitment of volunteers to work at the FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX of RUSSIA has been launched

The recruitment of volunteers to work at the FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX of RUSSIA has been launched: Photo
01.07.2015

Omega Center OJSC, which manages the Sochi Autodrom race track, begins recruiting volunteers to work at the FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX of RUSSIA, which will be held from October 8 to 11, 2015 in Sochi.

«Not only volunteers living in Sochi are invited to participate, but also everyone from different cities of Russia. Everyone has a chance to become a part of the volunteer team at Formula 1 and plunge into the world of royal racing»! – said Valery Danchenko, General Director of Omega Center OJSC.

To participate in this project as a volunteer, you must:

1. As of 01.10.2015, the candidate's age must reach 18 years

2. Have a level of English at least intermediate (knowledge of other foreign languages is welcome), fluency in English is required for certain functions.

3. Be able to independently and at their own expense to get to the city of Sochi and back, as well as independently and at their own expense to secure accommodation on the territory of Sochi during the event. For volunteers, it will be possible to stay in hotel complexes on the territory of the Olympic Park for 500 rubles/day.

4. Attend compulsory training, which will take place in October 2015 (the dates, time and place of training will be announced additionally).

5. Possess such qualities as sociability, responsibility, stress tolerance, positive, have organizational skills and be able to work in a team.

To participate in the event, you must send an application to volunteer@sochiautodrom.ru

By August 20, 2015, the final list of the Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix volunteers will be formed, after which a notification will be sent to the e-mail of each volunteer candidate clarifying the status of participation or non-participation in the event as a volunteer.

At the beginning of October 2015, volunteers will be equipped. Each volunteer will receive a set of unique branded clothing with the Sochi Autodrom brand: baseball cap, T-shirts, sweatshirt, backpack.

A few days before the event, all volunteers will undergo practical training directly on the territory of Sochi Autodrom and the Olympic Park: everyone will rehearse their role during the Grand Prix at their workplace: some will help the spectators and guests of the Autodrom to navigate the territory of the Autodrom; others will meet guests at the airport and railway stations; others will help in seating of guests in the stands.

In 2014, over 55 days of selection (from June 16 to August 10, 2014), the promoter of the 2014 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX of RUSSIA received more than 5,000 applications from volunteer candidates. About 80 percent of the candidates have already had experience volunteering at the Olympic or Paralympic Games in Sochi. The remaining 20% of candidates tried volunteering for the first time. When submitting applications, the youth showed the greatest activity, but the volunteers of the «silver» age (the oldest of them is 78 years old) also expressed their desire to work at the Russian Grand Prix.

The geography of the applicants turned out to be diverse, but Sochi firmly held the leadership among the cities throughout the entire set and eventually retained it. The competition for the selection of candidates was 5 people per place – for the event it was necessary to involve a little more than a thousand volunteers. Each of them played a key role in organizing a world-class sporting event.

Press service of JSC «Omega Center»

Omega Center OJSC is one of the largest companies in the Krasnodar Territory, which has built and successfully operates Olympic facilities, as well as managing the Sochi Autodrom race track.